What hardware upgrade(s) benefit Mendix modeler performance?

Currently, the laptop I'm working with is a Lenovo T570 with an i5-7200U (2 core/4 thread) cpu, 16GB of memory, Nvidia 940MX gpu, and a 512GB NVME ssd from Lenovo.  My issue comes from the fact that I'm working with a project where it can take anywhere between 2 to 5 seconds after an action before I can do something. For example, if I move an activity, it'll “freeze” for 5 seconds before I can do anything else. Using HWMonitor, I can see that no components really jump in usage or are particularly strained during the processes. What does the Mendix modeler thrive on? Is it a higher single core performance? Faster memory? More cores/threads? A top of the line videocard? Even my computer at home struggles with this project and I have a Ryzen 1800X, 32GB memory, Nvidia 1080Ti, and 512GB NVME ssd there. Those aren't exactly low-end specs.   For reference, it's a project with 40 modules one with a massive 150+ attribute entity that needs to be downsized. Many modules have many entities, a lot of cross module associations, etc etc. Needless to say, this isn't something that will be fixed soon.
asked
2 answers

Got a Lenovo Ideapad 330S, mem: 8GB, ssd 256 and I am pretty amazed at its performance. It is used to the max because the SSD has only 30 MB left, but I usually have lots of stuff open, several browsers etc and also several Studio's. So I agree with Ronald and blame the project you are having to work on. Of course 150+attrib-entities are difficult to shrink. Your best bet is convincing the customer to split the project into several smaller projects. Separate the separable function areas, even if they are small. Microapplications are popular these days.

Btw. version 8 takes 350 MB memory to run local, I sometimes run a little short on my 8GB. 12 would be enough. Above that is a waste of money.

As advise however I would increase the processor power. Generation 10 i9 processors are at the market now running at 5.3 GHz. https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i9-10900K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-7200U/4071vsm153577 Should make a difference, don't you think?

answered

Unfortunately, setting the auto check delay only does exactly what it says, “delay when it checks for errors”. Each action can still take more than 5 seconds before I can do anything, even on my home pc with much powerful specs.

answered