Mendix feedback widget minor bug

If a modal pop-up page is open on the screen, if a user then tries to use the Mendix native feedback widget the user cannot type in the textarea field. I tried a couple of obvious fixes like changing the z-index on the feedback widget pop-up field but it doesn’t seem to help. I am thinking that when the popup field opens it may be applying a css change to everything else apart from the popup. Something like: .disable-select { -webkit-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none; } Any suggestions to remedy this?
asked
2 answers

Hi Harry,

Yes, if you use layout type as model pop-up then it will act as a blocking pop-up and everything behind this pop-up cannot be changed. If you don’t want this to be blocking pop-up then use layout type as pop-up instead of model pop-up. This might solve your issue. 

Hope this helps!

answered

Hi Harry,

I’ve had the same issue. However, I wanted the pop-up to be a modal pop-up in order to have a darker background around it. And I found out you don’t necessarily need to switch your layout type to a normal pop-up. Having it set on modal pop-up will work. Also your feedback widget (snippetcall) only needs to be placed on your responsive layout types you use (e.g. Atlas_Default). Important here is to place the feedback widget (snippetcall) in the ‘content region’ of your scroll container rather than in the ‘top region’. So place it just above the ‘Main’ placeholder:

This solution has resolved the issue for me. Hope it helps!

answered