Call nanoflow activity - Mendix Forum

Call nanoflow activity

Really big fan of nanoflows, but not so much that I want to have duplicate logic. It would be a huge delighter to be able to create subnanoflows for reusing offline logic, instead of copying it.

asked
6 answers

@Alexander I think what he means is, that a nanoflow can be converted to a microflow very easy (Just copy the whole content and paste it into a microflow), as all actions of a nanoflow are also usable in a microflow. The modeler could create the server side action in the background and every nanoflow could be executed within a microflow (server side. Technically it would be a microflow).

Created

@Johan Flikweert: I think that won’t be possible. Afaik Microflows are processed on server-side and Nanoflows run in the Client. I would imagine that a mix of both worlds would lead to massive complications :/

Created

Also interesting: not only a ‘call nanoflow’ activity in a nanoflow, but also in a microflow! As almost all activities in a nanoflow are supported in microflows, it can be compiled to both javascript and Java. Therefore it's a nice way to reduce logic which is now modeled in both nanoflows and microflows.

Created

Nanoflow - Call nanoflow is a duplicate idea. Could these two idea's be merged?

Created

Couldn't agree more. Just ditched the idea of using nanoflows to power data for charts, just because it would mean duplicating every bit of code several times.

Created

Very true. Already raised this during the beta runs but never got around submitting it to the idea forum. So you have my vote!

Created