Make Mendix Studio Pro 9 fast again ! - Mendix Forum

Make Mendix Studio Pro 9 fast again !

Mendix Studio Pro 9 is veeeeery slow. The bigger the project, the slower the modeler gets. Waiting 5 seconds for a copy-paste action isn’t unusual in a big project. It’s even so slow that i stopped recommending developers to upgrade to 9. Mendix please speed up the modeler!

I currently work in version 9.6.5 and have all additional features (e.g. the assist bot) turned off.  My hardware should not be an issue, i have an i7 Pro 10th Gen, 32GB Memory with SSD. 

asked
24 answers

@Oliver, Could you please log a support ticket? We are still monitoring this closely and would like to get more insights.

Created

I am seeing the same issue in 9.20. Studio pro runs fine for around 10 minutes and then the performance plummets and take 5+ seconds to copy-paste and open pages/windows. Restarting Studio Pro temporarily resolves the problem. 

Created

@Vijay 9.18 has since been released. please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Created

i am also facing same issue with 9.x , but i hope it seems Mx 9.18 version will improve the performance 

Created

@Danny, 9.18 is indeed a lot better from a performance perspective. It is a lot more snappy overall. 

I did have two occasions where it just stopped working. It did not really crash but just did not do anything anymore. Nothing was clickable anymore. I will keep an eye on that, but overall 9.18 is a really great improvement compared to 9.17.1.

Created

@bart, please try 9.18, and let us know (via ticket) if you still experience issues. This does have our attention

Created

Looking forward to that Danny! It seems to run just fine on Mac M1 with Parallels when I am not running the app in Studio Pro.

However I  am having issues for months on both my windows and Mac laptop when running my app. Studio Pro freezes about 10 times a day taking up 20% CPU and quite a lof of memory.

I logged a support ticket but it is not something which is of course easily reproducible with a small test project.

It looks like Studio Pro has issues connecting to the local debugger sometimes, but really difficult to really pinpoint what is going on.

Looking forward to that Danny! It seems to run just fine on Mac M1 with Parallels when I am not running the app in Studio Pro.

However I  am having issues for months on both my windows and Mac laptop when running my app. Studio Pro freezes about 10 times a day taking up 20% CPU and quite a lof of memory.

I logged a support ticket but it is not something which is of course easily reproducible with a small test project.

It looks like Studio Pro has issues connecting to the local debugger sometimes, but really difficult to really pinpoint what is going on.

Created

@Danny, first results very promising! 9.17 is blazingly fast compared to earlier versions! Thanks!

Did have some crashes, but haven’t figured out the reason yet.

Created

@Kevin, The loading bar issue was a side effect and is also something that was addressed in 9.17, so please check out this latest version.

Created

@sinan, please check out this version. And if you run into issues, could you create a ticket for that? That will help us to pinpoint

Created

@Johan, This month (September), 9.18 will be released, which is an MTS and will contain even more improvements.

Created

Great to see there are so many performance improvements! Unfortunately the project I  currently work with has the policy to only allow MTS/LTS release versions. When can we expect a MTS/LTS?

Created

I noticed a very strange thing when my Studio Pro 9.12.2 was extremely slow. I had to wait like 15-20mins to save changes or commit or update. Basically anything that brings up the loading bar on Studio Pro.

So one time I couldn’t take it anymore and decided to ctrl+alt+delete to end studio pro but thought twice and then canceled. Surprisingly, that helped the process go.

So I tested this theory and every time the loading bar was taking longer than usual, my initial workaround would be to try the ctrl+alt+delete and cancel trick. This happened pretty consistently so I don’t think its a coincidence. Just thought I’d share :)

Created

1 - With native it seems more slower!

2 - It get’s stuck requlary (>4 per day)

3 - Please give the dev more control over studio pro performance set

4 – I restart each 1 hour for best performance with it

Danny save us wasting our lives and customers money, and let us again “go make it”...currently it is kind of  “go make it (with a  +30% delay)”

Created

Great to hear that this has Mendix’ attention and it makes me eager experience the results

My 25 cents: I had a fade-in effect of half a second every time opening an activity. This was a Windows animation-setting. Turned it off.

Created

We target to release the last Tuesday of the month. Depending on findings it can be couple of days later, so should be next week

Created

When will Mendix 9.17 be released?

I am really curious in the performance improvements.

Created

Bonus bump, the slow performance in larger projects is extremely annoying.

Created

Bump.. please address these issues.  It’s becoming unbearable.  We still have some projects running in 8.X and working on those projects in Studio Pro 8 compared to projects in V9 is extremely noticeable… it takes 3x to 4x longer to do anything in 9 vs 8.

Created

I’m also experiencing extreme slowness in virtually every aspect of Mendix Studio Pro 9 version 9.11.1. Clicking has a noticeable delay, saving files can take upwards of 30 seconds, adding actions to microflows or entities to domain models has a delay, fields have a noticeable delay before populating in context windows, etc. All of these problems are occurring in a blank starter application.

Created

I also agree with you, please optimize mx as soon as possible!

Created

agree, especially on large projects it can get very tedious to do even normal development tasks

Created

Yes, please invest in solving this in favor of new cool features. In our day-to-day work, this is really annoying. During the day StudioPro 9 keeps growing in Memory size in Task Manager.

(W11, 11th gen i7, 1Tb SSD and 32GB Ram)

Created

I couldn’t agree more ; Corei7 last gen, 1To SSD, 16Gb RAM, and still need to wait when saving …

Created