The way it is now, you have the following situation:
- Person 1 asks a question on the forum
- Person 2 answers (and might subscribe to the forum post)
- Some time (maybe weeks?) later, person 1 accepts their answer as the accepted answer.
- Person 2 has no idea, because there is no indication that their answer was accepted (except if they opened the question directly for some reason)
This means that the person helping out on the forum never gets the actual feedback that their answer helped someone. This is a shame, because it can be a nice incentive to help out more.
For that reason, it would be nice to get some sort of notification that your forum answer was accepted. Some options for implementation – maybe there's more, feel free to add them in the comments:
- E-mail notification as soon as the answer is accepted (nice and direct feedback, but might feel “spammy”)
- Daily e-mail with forum updates (upvotes, accepted answers, etc. less spammy but less direct)
- Some notification somewhere on the forum itself (I feel like notifications in general would be a very nice feature here)