Today variables can’t refer to Object, and it would be very useful.
For example in a microflow with following algorithm :
- try to retrieve an Object → named “ExistingX”.
- if “ExistingX” is empty, create a new object named “NewX”
- then, whatever we want to do, it has to be duplicated both for “X” and “NewX” (it’s not possible to merge the flow into a single one)
If it was possible to define a variable of type Object, then it would be possible to do :
- Create an undefined variable of type Object named “X”
- Try to retrive “ExistingX”
- If ExistingX is not empty, update the value of “X” with “ExistingX”
- Else, create “NewX”, and update “X” with “NewX”
- Then, merge the flows into 1, and use “X” onwards