when building published REST API’s the easiest way to test these should be via the Swagger that Mendix generates. Unfortunately, most of the times there is a reaon why we can’t use it, because the Mendix Swagger is too basic.
Is is possible for Mendix to enhance the swagger functionality?
This can be done by either:
- Let developers upload a custom swagger.json file with total freedom via Studio Pro, or as a file in the project folder that will override the auto-generated swagger
- Simply improve the automatically generated file
- Add headers, for example for authorization
- Add custom response codes, for example for error handling
- I’m probably missing things now that the Mendix Swagger doesn’t cater for, please feel free to add improvements :-)