Mendix Modeler (mendix studio pro) should be able to extend with Plugins - Mendix Forum

Mendix Modeler (mendix studio pro) should be able to extend with Plugins

It would be great if there would be a possibility to extend the mendix modeler (Mendix Studio Pro) with external plugins to extend the modeler with more then the default features.

asked
13 answers

I support this idea like you see this in Eclipse and more recent in Visual Studio Code, It would also thrive the mendix eco system and the modeler can be simplified

https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/introvideos/extend

Created

yes, please!

Created

It would be great if Studio Pro enable plugins to support more features

Created

Yes, please!

Created

being able to change linethickness/color of certain containers to help with the visual heriarchy :D 

Created

I would like something like the layoutwidget, but that doesnt create any elements in the DOM.
this way I could show in the modeler how our flex classes work.

Created

Would like to see the Model SDK to be integrated some good ideas are already available for analysis and model visualizations and code generation

https://forum.mendix.com/link/questions/12432

Created

I could imagine to plugin a CSS editor plugin oder sth similiar

Created

A plugin for configurable keyboard shortcuts in Studio Pro would be my first installment.. :)

Created

Great Idea,

I could even think of bigger plugins. Stuff like ACR to do an automated review before committing the code. Editor plugins to edit XSD files,...

Created

@Marnix – that is an interesting point, never thought about that. A plugin store for developers would be neat. I think a lot of idea forum posts could be covered by enthusiastic community developers. I would for example still love to have access to a collection of favorite microflows and pages instead of putting disabled break points to find them in larger projects but oh well ;)

Created

Hmmm, it’s possible to create a custom executable for a modeler, I reckon you could write your own .dll files if you know .NET, and well frontend / backend extensions are already possible with JavaScript/TypeScript and JAVA? So I feel like it’s already possible to extend Mendix anywhere, the extensions for the modeler are just not plug and play like the rest of the AppStore contents.

Created

Hi Gerrit,

I thought about plugin possibilities such as a domain model layouter. I am curious about your use cases :)

Created