Pass multiple entities to a snippet - Mendix Forum

Pass multiple entities to a snippet

Now that it's becoming easier and easier in more recent Mx versions to use objects and attributes from multiple dataviews on a page, it's becoming more difficult to use snippets, since you can’t pass all these objects from a page to a snippet, you can only pass 1.

Example:

I have page with dataview1, another dataview2 inside, which has a listview1 inside. In the listview1 item, I use the object from dataview1 as input parameter for a microflow button, and use the object of dataview2 for conditional visibility.

Now I want to reuse the listview item stuff, so I want to make a snippet for this, but unfortunately, a snippet can only have 1 entity: the listview entity, so my microflow button and conditional visibility do not work in the snippet, because the dataview1 and dataview2 objects do not exist in the snippet context.

Solution:

Add multiple entities to a snippet, so I can pass the objects of dataview1 and dataview2 to the snippet.

asked
1 answers

Like that idea. The current status forces you to decide between features:

using snippets vs. passing more than 1 entity as parameters

And these are the worst decisions you have to take as a developer: sacrifice functionality or maintainability for some other functionality.

Created